Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Gettin joggy wid it

I've been jogging.  Yep.  Me. @43.  Never thought I would EVER be able to do that again.  But I can, and I'm loving it.

It started 2 weeks ago when I went back to work after the Christmas Break.  I was walking around Albert Park Lake - at a pretty good pace too - when a really upbeat song came on the ipod, and without even thinking about it, I was jogging.  Scared the pants off me actually, coz I'm sure I'm not supposed to be doing that.

But then the next day I did the same walk, it just felt like the right thing to do, so I threw in a couple of jogging intervals into the mix.  I pushed each time until my lungs were burning and dropped back to a fast walk again.

The following week 2 girls from work came too - 1 super fit & 1 just starting out.  We threw in a couple more jogs, and being in a small group, you cant just wimp out and stop. So all up, I probably jogged about  400m and noticed I could get waaaaaay further this time before the lung burn started.

Today on my morning walk, which was super fast as I was time limited,I was feeling GREAT,so I jogged the last 400m home.  Actually it was more of a run than a jog.  And I still felt great when I reached the letterbox so I threw a couple of sprints in along my street. (its not a very long street).

I'm still scared of re-injuring my back, but it feels so good - so free to be able to run again.

No comments:

Post a Comment