Monday, January 9, 2012

Polar bared


My very sexy POLAR FT7  Heart Rate Monitor arrived today...woot woot!!!!!

I'd already done my hour plus on the Wii Fit before it arrived, but just HAD to go out walking to see if I was burning anywhere near the calories that myfitnesspal calculates.



This was (roughly) an 8,000 step walk, which at times was a little bit passive.

So to hit the 500 calories burn per day mark, I'm going to have to find the time to add to this walk in both distance & intensity PLUS throw in some time doing something else.

At least now I can measure it accurately - and being the first, I now have a benchmark to build upon too.

By the time we've taken the dogs for a stroll tonight, this could be an 800cal burn day!




2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying everything about your blog! The puns, the beautiful look and the inspiration for 12WBT!
    Thanks for a great read!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope I didnt slow you down too much mate

    ReplyDelete