Friday, January 13, 2012

Bock-eekkkkkk... I'm a chicken


So much of the interaction on this program seems to happen on facebook.  For all kinds of reasons I've avoided good old FB...until now. I've joined two groups, 1 local and 1 state, and have posted a few comments amongst the local girls.  State scares me - too big! (Bock-eekkkk #1)

Wednesday night WAS supposed to be the local group walk - but was cancelled due to rain - thank God, coz I was seriously Bock-eekkkk #2 about going.

Two girls from the local group are members of my gym the same gym I have a card for but only attend spasmodically (as in I've swum 3 times & had my program consult - in almost a month).  On FB they encouraged me to come along to some of the classes they do. In a moment of completely false bravery, I said sure, I've got no idea what Sha'bam is, but I'll be there Friday.

So today is Friday -  and  Iplayed a whole game of will I won't I with myself for about half an hour.  Then...I just did it.  Drove to the gym. Swiped my card.  Got to the class doorway. Realised I was supposed to get some ticket thingy that everyone else had from reception before I went up there, and then Bock-eekkkk #3 happened.  I CHICKENED OUT!!!!!

The morning wasn't a total waste.  I ploughed my way through my gym program for the first time instead.  56 minutes.  327 calories.  Don't know if I'll ever be a gym junkie though.

Note to self:  Ditch the Bock-eekkk & learn to crow FFS.

No comments:

Post a Comment