Friday, January 27, 2012

Pre-season Task #3 - Goal setting


I REALLY struggled with this task, but finally had a break through last night & managed to get something on paper.

By the end of the program I will;

  • weigh no more than 77kg


Each day I will;

  • eat within the 1200 calorie limit
  • exercise for 1 hour minimum
  • prepare the next day's lunch & snacks while cooking dinner
  • maintain the veggie patch
  • walk a minimum of 10,000 steps


Fitness indicators for the 12 weeks;

  • Swim 2km
  • Run 5km*
  • Ride 10km
  • Walk 10km
  • 10 toe pushups*
  • 50 crunches

*back recovery dependent - but dreaming big!

I will push my social comfort zone by;

  • attending a group fitness class
  • weekly FB group event
  • commenting on 5 new blogs each week


And to curb my workaholic tendencies;

  • Limit of 40 hours per week
  • 3 or less desk-bound days per week


I'm stuck beyond the 12 week mark with the exception of reaching my goal weight (72 - 75kg) & making sure that the daily habits above are just a part of my life (as Mich says "like brushing your teeth or taking a shower").

The invaluable thing for me in this exercise was realising the fact that I have a GREAT life, and have achieved more than I ever dreamed possible.  I've got great friends, not heaps of friends, but I dearly value the ones I do have. The man is AMAZING. The home we've created together is a haven. I'm challenged daily in my work.  My kids are leading happy, healthy & purposeful lives. The only thing missing has been my health - but that's changing at a great rate.  Life is good.  And if it doesn't get any better than this, well that's fine by me.


2 comments:

  1. Hi just found your blog and wanted to wish you luck. I am still struggling with my goals only because I have to be realistic. I would love to be 50 kg but that will not happen In 12 weeks. As for the workaholic thing I am with you I work in our own business and I have to learn to switch off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your goals Rae. You've obviously put a lot of thought into them. I haven't started mine for this round yet. I am a bit lost as I'm trying to recover from an injury this round and need to structure my goals around that

      Delete