Saturday, March 31, 2012

What's my style?

After the big wardrobe clean out last weekend, and with 4 days interstate coming up for the Easter break, I found myself in need of a little clothes shopping. So armed with my very own personal stylist (my gorgeous 22 year old daughter) I headed off to the local Westfield for a Pretty Woman type shopping experience. I came home with loads of stuff, but more because things fit rather than fit in with me I think.

Pre-shopping inventory...

In my wardrobe I had;
A pair of dark denim jeans
A white collared shirt
A grey cardi
A very funky bright purple and silver Adidas tracktop
A blue 1/2 zip polar fleece
A pair of black dance-style trackie dacks
And a borrowed leather jacket which I MAY be too old for.

And in the work side I had;
A french navy skirt, pants & jacket
A white shirt with a soft ruffled neck
A red dress
A white sleeveless lacy top

Lastly, in my drawers I had;
3 x singlet tops (white, blue, orange)
A blue Nike TShirt
A bright purple Champion TShirt
A treasured pair of Lorna Jane 3/4 exercise tights
A blue Lorna Jane TShirt
A blue Lorna Jane long sleeved hoodie

So what conclusions can you draw from my "collections"?
Work wear = conservative & classic
Casual wear = conservative & sporty.
Colours of blue, black, white with a little pop of colour = conservative.

Is that really me?  Am I truly conservative, or opting for safe before finding the real me?  Truth be told, I don't know.  And I guess it's all part of the discovery, or more specifically, rediscovery process of who this person that has appeared in the mirror, the new me, is.

Conservatively yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment