Friday, March 9, 2012

Finding some fitness

We're coming up to the end of 12wbt's week 4, and being the maths whiz that I am, I've worked out that's 1/3 of the way through - ALREADY!

So how's it going I hear you ask?  It's BIG this changing your life stuff.  Some days you feel like a fleet of fully loaded cement trucks wouldn't be able to knock you down.  And other days bring about the lowest of lows - total depletion of energy, emotion, and just getting out of bed is worthy of a ticker-tape parade.

This past week has been the biggest battle.  I completely lost my bounce, mojo, spirit, call it what you will.  I wasn't great company. I snapped a few times. And exercising was verging on pure torture.  I let work get on top of me and felt as though I was drowning on more than one occasion.  But you know what?  I survived it binge free. There were things within my reach that I could have eaten, but didn't. I've stuck to my nutrition plan and eaten around 1200 calories each day.  I also think my 300g loss this week would have been much greater if I wasn't carrying the self-imposed weight of the world on my shoulders.

Anyway - this wasn't where this post was intended to go...

FITNESS - yeah!

Every 4 weeks on the program we measure up and complete a fitness test.  And my results are pretty darn impressive imo.


Time to set some goals for the week 8 fitness test.

I'm happy with the 10 toe push ups, but I'm aiming for 30 knees as well.
If I can add even 1cm to the sit and reach I'll be happy coz my back is still recovering.
Time trial, I'll accept anything with a 5 as the first digit.  And to run the whole way again.
And that blasted wall sit.  I want to add another 30 seconds this time around.

Don't think I'm going to scare anyone out of their Olympic selection just yet, but the fitness side is such an unexpected bonus that definitely helps keep the motivation to change exactly where it needs to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment