Thursday, March 29, 2012

Blogger Challenge: week 6




I'm a little behind with this week's blogger challenge, but since we're women of our word, we don't just NOT get something done we say we're going to do.  So here's my belated and somewhat bland responses to this week's questions;

1.  What adjustments have you had to make to your exercise regime over the last 6 weeks?
I think I could safely say that I have found "balance" this week.  Early on (including pre-season) I would go hell for leather and then crash.  I'm now following Mish's outdoor intermediate program pretty faithfully, which means that on some days I burn nowhere near 500.  Seems to be working though.



2.  What have you changed in regards to your food intake?
We (and I say we coz my amazingly, brilliantly supportive man is a large part of our nutrition plan) don't follow Mish's plan all that much.  When the menu is released each week, we discuss the things we'd like to try from it and forget about the rest.  We have though, built up a short-list of about 3 absolute favs which we'll have every week, and mix these in with other recipes either from the program or Mish's recipe books.  Monday night is ALWAYS salmon stir-fry...love, love, love it.  Caramalised Pork is also in there, and Sunday is ALWAYS a roast so the man has something tasty for his sangers during the week.

Huge shout out to the man right here - for a fussy eater, you've come a loooong way.  The biggest thank you for giving everything I serve up a go - even if it does make you pull faces at times. xx

3.  What is the difference in your mindset?
I don't know the old me any more.  I exercise because I want to, and I don't give up until I'm done.  In fact, that little demonic voice inside your head that tells you that you can't do something... gone!  When I train, I go hard.  I push myself continuously, making the move harder or bigger, the distance longer, the time shorter.  I just do it.
Where food related mindset is concerned, I've been pretty darn good since the day the penny dropped, so there's not a lot of change around this area.  I'm just not tempted.  I want it too much to screw it all up now.

As we're at the half way point, I'm a lot more relaxed about the program. I intend to use these next 6 weeks to consolidate and make sure that these habits become unbreakable.  It's all just a series of choices and I'm not interested in regretting mine - life's too short for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment