Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Riding the wave

This 12wbt thing is such an emotional journey.  It takes a whole heap of willpower to keep afloat and when someone or something splashes in your direction, it feels as though the water is too deep.  There's a choice - because there always is.  You can jump on the life raft.  Take the easy way out and return to shore.  To your old way of being. Or you can try to keep your head above the water in anticipation of the calmer seas ahead.

Although it's week 4 of the program, it's the 17th week since I made the decision to change my life.

Some of the changes are to plan, and some of them were not expected and at times not even welcome. 

And if I keep on swimming, where do I end up?  And who will I have left behind?

2 comments:

  1. Keep swimming lovely I know I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've gotta be like Dory - just keep swimming. And the exciting bit is who knows where you will end up!! Who you leave behind it another more tricky prospect...

    ReplyDelete