Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cool change

This week a friend of mine posted something on Facebook about change, and more specifically about change being easy.  This got me thinking...Is change actually easy?


And I'm leaning towards YES.

It's no secret that I'm doing Michelle Bridges 12wbt, and with that comes A LOT of lifestyle changes; exercise, nutrition, mindset.  Maybe I'm missing something, but for me, losing this 20kg hasn't really been that hard. I'm not saying that there hasn't been times when I would have given my left tit for a vanilla slice or a family sized block of snack.  But there hasn't even been one occasion since Nov 3 when I've given in.

Why?

Has it been that I REALLY wanted to change?  I wasn't unhappy before.  Just fat, and lazy and unmotivated.  But neither was I happy.  I was just "there".  Now I feel alive and vital and want to taste everything there is to taste - metaphorically speaking of course, unless it falls within my daily calorie limit :)

So I'm still asking why?

Why have I been able to do something that so many people struggle with - and will continue to struggle with for the rest of their lives?  What is different about me that has made me do this and stick to it?

I don't have the answers.  But I do know that I have chosen to make these changes to my life.  And I don't regret any part of it one little bit.


I'm not sure if this post is deep or confusing...or maybe a little of both :)

1 comment:

  1. It's a little of both for me!!! Crikey - I wish I felt as comfortable as you in the changes I'm trying to make. I have this sort of oscillation between knowing I can do this and then doing something a bit stupid. But the stupid things are not of the same magnitude as before the 12wbt, so maybe that's the change right there. Maybe change is easy and I should just aim for bigger magnitude changes????? Raelene, I'm really glad you have made solid changes and that you are absolutely soaring with your 'journey'.... I'm happy for you and it inspires me (so thanks). sorry for the essay btw!

    ReplyDelete