Friday, March 16, 2012

Programmed program

Do I love gadgets, or do I love gadgets??  This little summary is of today's bit of fitness, brought to you by the Nike+ iphone app - I don't leave home without it :)

This week I've been thrown off routine as I can't get to my office due to the Grand Prix this weekend.  Not that I'm complaining at having to work from my kitchen bench all week!  But for the first week in ages I've had to actually think about what I'm going to do exercise wise.

I missed my walk yesterday.  Made all kind of excuses; weather, work, niggly hip, cbf. But after dinner I couldn't settle without having broken into a sweat at some point throughout the day.  So I followed Mich's Week 5 Thursday outdoors program (indoors though) and felt so much better for it.

It made me question whether I (and most people I read about) am doing this the hard way.  Every day we've been given a program to do, yet I/we don't do it.  We go off and do our own thing.  So from now until next weigh-in I'm going to follow the 12wbt exercise program to the letter - burpees and all if those blasted things are on there.  Mind you. I made this decision after my 10km walk this morning, so forgive me Mich, I'll start tomorrow :)




4 comments:

  1. I'm sure Michele will forgive you for walking only 10kms :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always done my own thing. It makes me wonder what I'm missing out on. Will stalk your blog to see what you think and I might have to give it a whirl myself!
    Well done on the 10kms! Fabulous effort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best for your 12 week challenge! There are so many programs out there...or you can make up your own like I do. I think the important thing is that you stick to some sort of program so that you cover everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be watching too! I'm doing my own thing and it is working for me, but will look forward to your thoughts on going by the book :)

    ReplyDelete