Thursday, March 22, 2012

Week 6 weigh in (my week 20)



Current Weight: 77.6kg
Last week:      77.3kg
Week's loss:         +0.3kg 
So far:         -19.4kg   




I wasn't going to post my weigh in this week - have you noticed the + against this week's loss? Last week I was super pumped about crossing the magic 20kg gone mark, but my body just didn't want to come to the party!

I've confessed that I weigh daily, and my week went a little like this;
Wednesday     77.3kg
Thursday         77.2kg
Friday             77.2kg
Saturday          78.4kg  Yep - 1.2kg OVERNIGHT!
Sunday            78.2kg
Monday           78.3kg
Tuesday           78.0kg

So in some ways, I did feel relief when Wednesday came around and I was back in the 77's, but man oh man was I sulky biatch over the weekend.  I went down the whole "It isn't fair", "I've worked so hard", "Other people eat crap and still lose big numbers" road, as if that was going to make me drop kilos.

Now that the scales are moving again I've cleared some head-space to look at what's going on in my life and WHY I gained back 3 weeks of losses in a day.

1.  I've added the strength training component of Mich's program into my routine, hence not burning as many calories.
2.  My sleeping patterns have been all over the place - as in not getting enough.
3.  The weekend work cycle of my job has kicked in which has thrown out my routines.
4.  I'm exercising less.  Playing the too busy card.
5.  My lake walk has been closed off due to the Grand Prix.

Basically, I've spent the last 2 weeks feeling out of control, and the week before that pretending I was coping.  The only difference has been my mindset.  When I feel like I can't cope with  work and life I'm the first thing that I give up on.  Shouldn't I be the last?

I made a commitment to work no more than 40 hours a week, and here I am back up into the 60's again.  THIS IS WHAT GOT ME FAT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Can you guess how long it's been since I went to gym???  Yep, a bit over 2 weeks. Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Here's my plan for the next week;
1.  Stick to the actual exercise program - 6 days - NO EXCUSES
2.  Lights out at 10.30pm
3.  Make some new routines that will carry through until September.
4.  Take at least 1 day off each week to balance the weekend work.
5.  Be gentle with myself.

2 comments:

  1. How did the plan go?!?! It's me!!! Liv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there gorgeous Liv...plan is going brilliantly so far. One week in at least. My word of the week is "balance" coz I think I've found some!!

    ReplyDelete