Friday, March 2, 2012

Good girl Raelene xxx

Every week I look forward to the next round of Whirlsie's blogger challenge, and this week she's given us a great topic to focus on;

How will you acknowledge and reward yourself during round 1, 2012 12WBT?  What are the small wins?  What are your big accomplishments?  How will you achieve these and how will you reward your effort? (food doesn't count!)

I'm a self-rewarder from waaaaaaaay back.  I detest grocery shopping.  Loathe it.  So as a "reward" to myself I would pick up a treat - an ice-break iced coffee and a bag of choc coated raspberry licorice.  I'll press the pause button here for a tick while I check out the calories in this nutritional masterpiece...  OMG - Iced coffee = 169 cals & bullets = 322 cals.  491 cals that I would scoff down in the 5 minute car trip home.  But get this - I didn't shop weekly, it was EVERY COUPLE OF DAYS.  Yes, why DID I put on weight??


But I digress.


When I started this blog I set out some specific weight-based mini-goals and attached a reward to each.  They are on my sidebar, but I'll add them here too;


As I said, I made these before I had officially started 12wbt, and reviewing them now shows me just how far I've come.  This program is SO much more than a means to an end weight goal.  The weight-loss is more a by-product of getting your head sorted, becoming more organised, taking control of your life, shopping for and preparing nutritional meals, getting your ass off the couch and doing instead of thinking about doing.


To me, it's no longer about rewards and that facial or pedicure that I'm within 300g of doesn't serve as motivation in the slightest.  I've learnt to motivate from within, and just being able to do things without dragging that extra 20 kilos along for the ride is reward enough.  Little things like Loz (the man) telling me I look hot - and me believing him - is worth more than anything money could buy.  PB's on my lake walk.  Running up stairs at the end of a workout coz I feel so damn good. Seeing my face without the triple chin.  People smiling back at me when I don't even realise I'm smiling.  These are the rewards, and they seem to come every single day.  I am a different person.  I feel worthy.  That's enough of a reward!


(written from a non-judgemental place where self-rewarding is a-okay in my book, just not where I am right now, but may well return to by the end of these 12 weeks, or even the end of the day xx)

5 comments:

  1. So I expect to see the new hairstyle tomorrow night the ! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mission accomplished! It's VERY SHORT though :)

      Delete
  2. Raelene, i love your posts... isn't it funny how your 'rewards' have changed. And the bit about Loz saying you look hot and you believing him - that made me tear right up! You are inspiring me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you inspire me right back chicky. Seems we're both in a pretty similar place. We're going to do this - long term too. Go us :)

      Delete
  3. I love your new hair do, even though I already think you look much younger than you are, this hairdo makes you even look younger !

    ReplyDelete