Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Week 2 weigh in (my week 16)



Current Weight: 79.4kg
Last week:      79.9kg
Week's loss:         -0.5kg 
So far:         -17.6kg  



There's no point having a sook about a 500g loss.  Sure, I would have liked more, but it hasn't really come as a surprise.

I didn't have the same bounce in my step this week.  Felt sluggish in the stomach.  Made a few excuses for missing exercise. I was "too busy" to walk at lunchtime on Monday, then it rained. Pretended it didn't matter that the Penang Chicken recipe served 6, but I only dished it into 4 bowls.  And ate 3 of them myself.  Didn't even take my water bottle to work on Monday, so drank nothing during the day.

I've confessed before that I'm a daily weigher. On Friday 10th I hit 80kg, and since then I've just bounced around slightly above or slightly below that mark. So effectively, in 12 days, I've lost 600g.  That's 50g a day.

I NEED a big week next week.  A 1.5kg loss or even more.  How am I going to do it?  1150 calories in.  650 calories out.  2 hours of exercise EVERY day.

So here's my plan;
Wednesday          1.5hour walk (9km) & 40min bike ride
Thursday            1hour lunchtime walk, 30min DVD before work & 30min bike ride after work.
Friday                 Sh'bam class followed by boxing + 30min walk
Saturday             2 hour Sh'bam dance party @ gym
Sunday                 Group workout, DVD & 30min on bike
Monday                 same as Thursday
Tuesday               Pump class + step + 20min warmup on treadmill.

I will NOT be defeated by stubborn scales!

3 comments:

  1. Don't burn yourself out, be careful about exercising that much every day. You should still have a rest day somewhere in there, maybe cut Monday down to just the walk and some stretching/yoga after work?

    And focus on your food, that will play the biggest part. I'm sure you'll see bigger losses next week :-)

    (quit the daily weigh-ins too so you can surprise yourself!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 500gms. Is still a loss and that much closer to your goal. Still do the weight loss dance I am even though I only lost 600 thought I would be a gain due to PMT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooooo you're so hard on yourself - but I completely understand where you're coming from! Concentrate on your nutrition and don't run yourself ragged and burn out trying to squeeze in all those hours of exercise - remember, it's the nutrition that really does the work! No stress! You're doing everything right and the weight WILL come off - sometimes it's just needs to breathe for a week or two as well, before leaping back into action and disappearing!! Remember to keep smiling! xx

    ReplyDelete