Monday, February 13, 2012

Run baby run


As part of Michelle Bridges 12WBT program we complete a fitness test before we start and re-assess every 4 weeks as an additional measure of how far we've come and as an incentive to better your results.

I took my 5 part test yesterday in a group session with the local girls and just quietly, I'm so freaking proud of myself.

I ran, yes, RAN, 1km in 6:23.  It's soooooo not about the time for me.  Like, I'm happy with it, but really, who cares?  I RAN.  At the age of 43, 14 weeks after back surgery.  This would have been in the impossible category a few weeks ago.  Hell, even a few years ago if I'm being honest.

Some of the girls in our group did their tests the day before, yet still came down to support us - cheer us on - and whoop at our results.  Finding this group, and losing my FaceBook virginity has been the unexpected bonus of this program.

And it's only day 1.....


1 comment:

  1. You go girl!
    I did my fit test with lots of motivation and giggles from my girls.
    I can join you for the lake this week. I have been interviewing all day and will be doing it all week.
    Maybe next week. It would be great to meet someone else doing the challange.
    Do you only work 2 days a week?

    Stay motivated :@)

    ReplyDelete