Tuesday, February 21, 2012

.org

I have re-found my .org side...and I like it!

My ex-husband was a bit lot of a control freak, and not usually in a good way. So when I left 7 years ago, so too did my organisational skills.  I completely boycotted anything that vaguely resembled a list, a plan, or a schedule (and Imperial Leather soap). Once I was no longer being controlled, I should have picked up the reins and exercised the hardest form of control of them all - self. Buuuuuut, thats not how the story goes, and all this lovely, creative freedom I've had has seen me make some shit awful choices around food and nutrition.

I was a breaky skipper (too busy), lunch buyer (too busy), dinner stop-off-at-supermarket-when-I-could-be-arsed-on-the-way-home or takeaway buyer (too busy).  And yet I cursed my sluggishly non-existent metabolism for making me fat.  REALLY?

What this program has done for me (so far) is to help me see that lists and plans GIVE you back time.  You spend half an hour charting your food, shopping list, exercise for the week, and you no longer have to worry about what's for dinner, or not having any food in the house, or missing exercise sessions, or appointments of any kind - BECAUSE YOU'RE ORGANISED.

Here's my very organised monthly planner that hangs on the inside of my very organised pantry;

Wanna see a close-up?

In my old life, planning weighed me down and made me feel trapped.  Now, I get to choose what goes on this board and in choosing I feel free.  In control.  Alive.  And it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment