Friday, February 3, 2012

Lets get physical

The last week or so I've really shaken up the way I exercise and have tried out a few different things.

Group PT session;
Its outdoors.  Its sweaty. Its hard. And I love it.  The chicks are great. The instructor is perfect. And I burn calories like a crazy woman.  As in over 500 a session.

Body Step class;
I did this on Tuesday, today is Friday, and I'm STILL sore in the quads.  It was hard. REALLY hard.  I found it difficult to know what they were doing as the moves weren't logical (for a first timer) and the instructor spent more time talking, like general chit chat, than she did telling everyone what was coming up next.  I sweated, but I didn't love it.  Also don't know what I burnt as I forgot to take Big Red with me.

Sh'bam class;
This was THE funnest thing I've ever done.  Time went so quickly.  At times I was laughing out loud I was having such a great time.  It was liberating.  I felt free.  Alive.  The burn was pretty good too @ 359 cals for 45 minutes. And my average HR was 129, which I'm impressed with.  The instructor MADE this class. She broke every move down before trying to add them together.  Feet right before adding the arms. LOVED IT!!!!!!!

Water Workout;
This was my first EVER water aerobics session, and quite possibly my last.  I tried to work really hard, but the water just makes it difficult to make your body do what you want it to.  282 calories for my hour investment & then you've got to get out of the pool, dry off, put clothes on.  Such a lot of hassle and really not worth it. BUT, there is a plus side. It was stress free on my body, and I did this Tuesday night after Step that morning.  But at the moment while I'm trying to get these kilos off, it wasn't worth my time.

Wogging;
This is a walking jog, which I do a lot of around Albert Park Lake. This is my lunchtime treat to myself and I really enjoy it.  The burn varies dramatically from a low of 281cals to a high of 373, and this is totally dependent on how hard I start, which in turn is dependent upon how my back is feeling, which is dependent upon how much I've been sitting at my desk.  I also love it coz I have my ipod on, tunes pumping, fresh air filling my lungs and sun shining down on me.  It's as good for my soul as it is for my weight.

So thats pretty much my last 10 or so days.  I'll keep on trying new things, but wogging and Sh'bam are locked in, Eddy.

4 comments:

  1. There you are! Was looking for your blog name and took me ages to find it - Doh! Great start!! It seems water does to you what Pilates does to me! lol I adore the word 'wogging'! 'Jalking' would have been so wrong! Love your goals and rewards .... Oh, I'll be back to check in every couple of days! Great writing!
    Amanda
    http://www.putthekettleon.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I walk across from Albert Park Lake Oops mean work . How long does it take you to "wogging". At lunch . I always carry my gym gear in my car but have not yet used it for the lake. I love the term wogging I ad some bobble to that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there "too much time", I've tried to find you but your profile is hidden!

    I do the lake on Monday & Thursday each week and it takes me around 45 mins with some wagging or 50 for a walk only. I'm over at MSAC, where abouts are you? Would be great to have a wogging buddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops profile no longer hidden.
    I would love to catch up with a wogging buddy with my wobble included. I work on the corner of union street and St Kilda road .

    ReplyDelete