Thursday, February 2, 2012

Same same, but different

Just to prove that not all devices are the same, I took 3 pieces of equipment for a test walk today; my Heart Rate Monitor (Big Red), the myfitnesspal app (MFP) & Nike+ running ap.  They all float my boat in different ways.

I love Big Red coz it makes me walk faster.  But I do feel like a bit of a dick wearing a Heart Rate Monitor to go for a 40 minute walk.
I love Nike+ coz its a GPS, and will track the actual distance, plot a map of my course, show me where my fast and slow points are, plays me tunes, has a powersong button for when you need a burst of aural adrenalin, and you get a chick telling you your stats every kilometre.
And I pledge my undying love to MFP for no other reason than it's awesome.  Like, anything that can scan a barcode and tell you its calories has GOT to be a winner, right?

So here's what all 3 had to say about my calorie burn today...

Walk stats;
Distance         4.81km
Duration       44:21

Big Red         281 cals
MFP             300 cals
Nike+            357 cals

As much as I wish it wasn't true, Big Red is right & the others are just too generous. But i love their optimism :)



1 comment:

  1. I love that you call it "big red". Just the giggle I need after a bad day. I must name mine as she helps motivate me. Let's see what I can call it............... the almighty one ;@)

    ReplyDelete