Saturday, July 12, 2014

Turning it around

A week ago I was a mix of sad and disgusted at how I felt, what I saw on the scales and how I'd allowed crappy habits to sneak back in.  The challenge I set for myself this week was 6 small things, but they've had a HUGE effect on my outlook.

Every day except Friday, I ticked off my habit changer.  Chocolate and coffee scaled back. Muffins deleted. Sleep happened earlier, and park run went down in the rain AND hail this morning.  I fell half a bottle of water short on Friday.

Really, none of it was hard.  None of it required a great degree of willpower or thought.  I'd already set my rules for the week.  It was just a matter of keeping my own promises to myself.  Of being true to my word.  Of respecting my body enough to deliver.

Not surprisingly, today's run was sensational.  Although it was incredibly cold and wet, there was no second guessing.  No thoughts of staying in bed.  And the path rose to meet me.  My lungs and legs felt at ease.  I was calm, centred and fully in the moment.  Especially as the rain pelted down.

Being in control and turning crappy habits around feels good.  Really good.


No comments:

Post a Comment