Monday, July 21, 2014

In the raw

One night last week my daughter was over for dinner.  We chatted while I peeled, chopped, shredded until something I did stopped her mid-sentance...I ate a slice of raw zucchini.

It got me thinking.  In summer, one of our favourite meals features grated, raw carrot and zucchini, and it's bloody delicious.  Summer is one thing, but raw food in Winter - not so appealing.  Or is it?

So this weekend we had a roast.  Lamb.  Yum.  And as I was about to put the veggies on to cook, I held back, halved the stash and put mine aside to eat raw.  And it was great.

Today I kept the raw roaring with a delish salad;


and to accompany the usual Monday night stir-fry, instead of rice I swapped in shredded raw cauliflower.  


It was eyebrow-raisingly good, soaked up the ginger sauce beautifully without going soggy and will definitely come out for a repeat performance.  

In fact, it was so good, this weeks personal challenge will be to add in one raw component to each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment