Sunday, July 6, 2014

45 - over and blown out

Today;
 is the last day of my 45th year.

Today;
 I gingerly tiptoed onto the scales.

Today;
 the measurement in front of my eyes has confirmed why my energy levels are low, why I'm feeling less confident in my clothes, why the Saturday ritual of park run seems harder than it did a few months ago.

Today;
I weigh 71.4kg


Oh there's reasons.  And excuses.  Mostly excuses.  All excuses.

Job, blah blah
Time, blah blah
Life, blah blah

In 600g more grams, my BMI will take me from the healthy range to OVERWEIGHT.


I knew it was coming.  Last week I joined a gym near work.  Isn't that always the immediate response?  Exercise more.  Push more.  Punish more.

This was never about just being 'thin' for me.  Health was the key motivator. And having it questioned was finally the catalyst. Funnily (or not so funny really), I've been having back problems again.  The warning signs are there that I'm making choices unsupportive of my health.

So for the next week - just one week - I'm going to choose differently:

Monday : portions.
Those 2 squares of 70% cocoa dark chocolate that snuck up to being 4, will go back to 2.
Tuesday : caffeine.
Reduce to 2 coffees per day rather than, oh, 5, sometimes more.  1 instant when I get to work & 1 lovingly husband-made Nespresso after dinner (with my 2 squares!).
Wednesday: snackage.
Farewell afternoon snuck muffin & hello carrot and celery sticks.  If I don't want them then I'm clearly not hungry, am I?
Thursday : sleep.
Be in bed, ready to sleep by no later than 10pm for 8 hours of delicious slumber.
Friday : water.
My fav drink bottle holds 700ml (I just measured). I will drink 3 today, 1 by 11am, 1 by 3pm, 1 by 8pm.
Saturday : run.
Park run is not negotiable - do you hear that pillow?  You won't win!
Sunday : invest.
Coffee x 2 @ $3.50 x 4 days = $28. Add muffins x 3 @ $3.50 = a total 'saved' this week of $38.50 which will be transferred into an RDF (Raelene Development Fund).

Monday to Friday will compound, so that by Saturday morning, all of those unhealthy habits will be on their way to the archives.

Date
portion caffeine snackage sleep water run invest
7/7







8/7







9/7







10/7







11/7







12/7







13/7









I'll track and measure here each day and share the little victories (and challenges) along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment