Sunday, July 20, 2014

Teched up

After months of contemplation I've finally done it.  I'm now the proud owner of a serious type runners watch - a Garmin Forerunner 220 - in berry flavour - tasty!

Naturally I had to take it for a test-drive around the neighbourhood...



Todays semi-long run had a target pace of 6:15 to 6:45.  Probably could / should have backed off the pace a little.

The combination of Nike+ in my ear and Garmy giving me my real time pace made consistency and control a lot easier.

And the stats. Oh how I love a good set of stats...


The heart rate drop then spike?  Waiting for 5 cars before crossing the road and hitting a hill.

And the pace reduction at 5km?  An attempt to drop back to 6:30 per km, which I managed in my 7th km.

Verdict: I'm in love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment