Friday, July 18, 2014

Half as good

In 176 days, I am going to run a half marathon.




There are butterflies in my stomach.

I'm nervous.

Scared.

Terrified.

What if I get injured?

What if my legs cave in just near the finish line and I can't finish?

What if I run out of energy mid-distance?

What if I don't sleep the night before?

What if I sleep through my alarm and miss the start?

What if I get giant blisters and I can't walk for days?

What if I haven't trained enough before hand?

What if I've overtrained?

What should I eat the night before?

What should I eat for breakfast pre-run?

What should I wear?

What if I come last?

What if I just CAN'T DO IT?




1 comment:

  1. What if you use the next 176 or so days to work out these answers?

    What if you learnt what your body likes to fuel pre run?

    What if you learn how to deal with injuries properly to minimise them?

    What if we use every training session, every planned run as a learning curve to meet this goal?

    What if not only do you do it but you do it well enough to do another?

    How about you change What if for I WILL?

    ReplyDelete