Friday, July 13, 2012

Weign in - R2 - Week 6

Today's weigh-in is brought to you by Duracel, the makers of the little round 2032 batteries scales need to keep alive.




Current Weight: 70.9kg
Last week:      71.2kg
Week's loss:     -0.3kg 
So far:         -26.1kg



As a serial weigher (and proudly so), imagine my distress when all signs of scale life were distinguished.  Yep, in seven months I managed to completely drain the battery.  It was strange not being able to weigh in at all for a couple of days.  I went from thinking "yay, I can eat whatever I want and it won't show on the scales" (I know, dumb, dumb, dumb) to "Michelle is going to come after me if I don't weigh in soon".

And it came at a particularly bad time!

On Saturday, my first number was a 6.  The next a 9.  Then a .  And then a 7.

Blown away much?

And that was my last reading - RIP battery.  I'm then second guessing myself; I've read of chicks who get an awesome reading, only to find their scales died the next day.  Apparently they give false readings when they're at the end of their life.  So is my 6 a real 6, or a battery failure induced, artificial low?

But we don't go and get a battery straight away.  Oh no.  We have to prolong the drama (I swear I'm Nina from Offspring), and the wondering.

So today I'm 70.9.  Usually when I hit a low point I spring back up by a kilo, sometimes 2 pretty quickly,and then it comes off again more slowly.  Now that I've seen the 6, I want to see it again, and again,and again.  Maybe even at night.  That's when you know you've really made it past a milestone I reckon.

I've got so much to write, but I'll leave it here today; mindset lessons and subtle cyber attacks that sting like a snake bite are all trying to leap from my fingers, but for another day.  Right now, Chicken & Broccolini Laska beckons :)

1 comment:

  1. Finally you bought a battery!!!
    I found myself nodding at your sentence about wanting to see a 6 again and again and again and even at night. For now I want to see a 7 that much! You are strong and determined so I know that 6 will be appearing all the time very very soon.

    Who is cyber bullying you?? :(

    ReplyDelete