Saturday, July 14, 2012

Reflect & Revise: Blogger Challenge Week 6

The lovely Jayne over at On a mission to prove anything is possible has set us another great task this week; to look back over our past 6 weeks and identify what's working for us and identify and little tweaks that need to be made to ensure our success for the second half of this round.


Have you been doing your 6 days of training?
Most weeks, yes I do bash out 6 sessions each week.  I actually feel more tired if I don't sweat each day, and I definitely find it harder to keep on track with my nutrition if I've been slack with my exercise.  Some days I'll only get to around 250 - 300 calories burnt, especially on strength days.  And on those REALLY bad days when everything conspires against you, I'll still make sure I at least ride the exercise bike for 20 minutes, whack out 150 crunches and 40 pushups.  It really is second nature now.
 
How has your nutrition been?
I'm really proud of my nutrition.  I still plan the week ahead and cook from the 12wbt recipes.  The last couple of weeks I've been playing around with more protein, particularly for snacks.  I'm SOOOO interested in the different food types and the effect they have on your body.  When work settles down a bit (September) I'm going to start some form of informal learning on exercise nutrition.
 
What needs to change?
I have let a small weakness sneak back in of late.  It's a controlled sneak rather than a snowball rolling down a hill.  My weakness has ALWAYS been lollies.  I've been able to turn a blind eye to the fact that "the man" has them on hos pantry shelf - at least I WAS.  It's nothing like the bag a day I used to poison myself with.  Just a small handfull a couple of times each week.  I'm not sure that I'm okay with this.  I can justify it in that I'm in maintenance phase but still losing weight.  But really, do I need that crappy stuff fueling my body?  The answer is no...but...it's like my only vice.  Okay - lollies must go!
 
Is there anything you want to do differently going into the next 6 weeks?
I want to get out of bed earlier and go for a walk before work each morning.  I miss walking.  I especially miss walking around Albert Park Lake at lunchtime. 
 
What are you committing to?
Starting Tuesday (I work VERY late on Sunday nights) I WILL walk first thing in the morning.
The first week of September I WILL begin some passive research and reading on the topic of nutrition, specifically for exercise.
What are your goals?
Weight:   67kg
Exercise:  To try a new class every fortnight.
Nutrition:  Ditch the lollies, try a protein suppliment.
 
Why you want to do it?
Weight:   Really, it's just for me to say I've lost 30kg.  Total vanity and brag fodder!
Exercise: It's important for me to stretch my comfort zones mix things up a bit to stave off boredom and to see how far I can push myself.
Nutrition:  I've always been interested in natural health and have noticed that different foods respond in different ways.  I think it's imprtant for me to know the science behind it all.
 
How will you get there?
Ditch the lollies (ha ha).  I just have to keep on the same slow and steady track.
 
What is your ultimate goal if you have one?
I want to continue to live this amazingly purposeful, healthy life for a long, long time.  To still be able to travel to remote locations in my old age.  In fact, I want to slow the ageing process as much as I can.  I'm having too much fun to get old :)


No comments:

Post a Comment