Thursday, July 19, 2012

A day in the 12wbt life

I was on cloud nine yesterday after reaching the 60's at weigh-in and I must have been glowing, or walking tall or whatever, coz a few people at work asked me about what I've been doing.  It's not like they had just noticed - 27kg doesn't dissappear over night.  But it's not really the type of conversation you have with the scary boss lady!

As I began the whole 1200 in 500 out conversation, I stopped midway as it doesn't do the program justice to talk in such a black and white way.  It's not easy to describe how life-changing this is.  People not on the path or not yet ready to change wouldn't see it the same way.  There's one word I keep coming back to; discipline.  Not in a particularly regimented way.  It's having the discipline, or self-control to make good decisions.  We all know what we should and shoudn't eat (although 12wbt has opened my eyes in this area as well).  We all know that some form of daily exercise has benefits beyond just weight control.  The only difference (in my opinion) between those who do and those who don't succeed is a strong sense of choice.

And let me tell you - once you have mastered this in your personal life, it flows like a torrent through your professional life too.

And as usual, I've gone off on a tangent...

Back to the intention of this post.  Here's an insight into a day's worth of nutrition on 12wbt, or in other words, what I ate yesterday;


Breakfast: Porridge with banana and strawberries with a sprinkle of LSA mix
Snack: 2 dates, 5 strawberries and a pinch of sunflower seeds (with a herbal tea)
Lunch: Chicken & Broccolini Laksa
Snack: Body Science lo carb protein bar (with a herbal tea)
Dinner: Chicken with creamy mustard sauce (plus a while heap of veggies; oven roasted cherry toms, steamed beans and asparagus + 1/2 a cup of sweet potato & ricotta mash.

Sure, it's disciplined eating, but man oh man do I feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment