Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Weign in - R2 - Week 5

Week 5 - CRAZY how quickly this round is going. Next week will be the half way point, and whilst my weight loss this round hasn't been massive, it's not as though I'm really trying to ditch the poundage.


Current Weight: 71.2kg
Last week:      71.5kg
Week's loss:     -0.3kg
So far:         -25.8kg

 (edited to correct my ordinary maths!)

I will though, admit to being a little disappointed in my 300g this week.  Yeah, I know that any loss is a good loss, blah blah blah.  But I tried REALLY hard this week.  At least I trained hard.  Perhaps a few extras slipped between my teeth.

It's all perspective really.  Would I be happy with a 300g loss if I wasn't pushing to get to the magic 70kg by Saturday?  Hells yeah!  But with a goal on the horizon - a goal that I probably won't reach - I'm a little disappointed.

In the big scheme of things, does it matter to anyone else if I'm not 70kg by Saturday?  Nooooooo.  My original goal by my birthday was 75kg.  Happily that was ticked off ages ago.  So anything below that is, in reality, a bonus.

So I'm going to take the pressure off myself, and just celebrate the fact that these lifestyle changes I've made are here to stay.  That's probably the best birthday present I could give myself.  Hmmm.






2 comments:

  1. The commitment you show us is an inspiration to us. 70 doesnt matter you have already done an amazing job and you will still get there whether it be Saturday this week or Saturday in a month and it will still be celebrated as another milestone you can tick off.

    Proud of you

    ReplyDelete