Thursday, June 14, 2012

Weigh In - R2 - Week 2

I wasn't going to post this week coz I'm not overly impressed with the scales right about now.





Current Weight: 73.0kg
Last week:      71.9kg
Week's loss:         +1.1kg 
So far:          -24.0kg


Last Wednesday I weighed in and it was all smiles.  Thursday morning I had lost another 200g and was feeling GREAT.  Skipped lunch coz I was trying on (and buying) wedding gowns (sooo much fun).  Skipped exercise too.  And water. Ate a good dinner.  Was well under my 1200 calories.  Jump on the scales Friday morning AND I'VE PUT ON 2.2kg.  OVERNIGHT!  Come on!!!!!

So, it's Friday and I'm flat out at work due to a HUGE event the next day.  No exercise, but calories within the daily limit.  Plenty of water.  I'm hoping it will all even out, or even have been a mistake at the morning weigh in.

Saturday morning, jump on the scales and NO.  There was no mistake.  This 2.2kg is going to stick around. Heavy sigh.  So I can either fight this or I can go buy a packet or two of chocolate coated bullets. On go the runners and I'm out the door for an 8km jog before heading into work. Probably a bad move with an event to run, and my back agrees.  No running on Sunday or Monday or Tuesday, but the mystery weight is starting to move again.

And here we are, recording a 1.1kg gain.  I have no idea why.  Perhaps my body got a little freaked out?  Maybe it was the stress of the event or the move? Could be just one of those stupid fluctuations that us females have to put up with. Really, I just feel bloated and yuk.  Such a difference from last Wednesday.

It DOES do your head in though, losing the same weight over and over again.  Slow, steady, consistent.  Come on girl, hang in there!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Aagghg! Those mystery kilos... they are sent test us, to see if we are women or girls!! Who can fathom the water retaining properties of cyclical hormones?? Glad your response was so positive - you really are awesome.

    Thanks for your comment to me the other day!! The very next day my mystery weight had gone again. tricky.

    How is the wedding dress hunt going? Find something gorgeous? It must be so wonderful to just go in and try anything on and feel great. More power to you, Lovely.

    ReplyDelete