Friday, June 22, 2012

Motivation Station

I'm a bit late jumping on board this rounds "blogger challenge" hosted by the VERY inspirational Jayne - always late but worth(?) the wait.  Actually, I've been pretty crap at blogging since about week 10 of round 1 which, not coincidently, is around my gorgeous man asked me to be his wife. 


 *wagon*  *me jumping on*

This week's prompts;
What motivates you?  Initially, it was all about recovery from back surgery.  Now, 7 months later I've got a completely different focus.  I have a VERY beautiful but expensive ivory dress hanging in my spare room.  I can't post a pic of it here, just in case my future husband checks in here (unlikely). Its freaking stunning.  Its a freaking size 12, which in wedding dress terms is more like a 10.  And I'm freaking not.  It's so so close to fitting.  Maybe 2cm more across my back would make it zip all the way up, and a couple more from my hips would make sitting down a more pleasant experience.  My first wedding, at the age of 17, was crap.  Lasted for 20 years, but this time around it's so much more special.  I want to take his breath away when he first sees me.  That's what drives me.  And I want to look back at my wedding pictures are be proud of the woman I see.  Superficial - m'eh.

What drives you to a better version of yourself?  I don't think I was a particularly great person.  Yep, I was fat, but I was pretty grumpy, and negative, and low on confidence, and took things personally.  I'm a work in progress, but am already noticing changes in the way I view certain situations. And in turn, noticing the different way people then interact with me. People do treat me differently now that I'm "thin", but I treat me differently too.  What came first?  The latter me thinks.

What is making you just get up early with no excuses and just getting out there getting your workout done and eating healthy meals?  Confession.  I DON'T train in the mornings.  I MAY at some stage, but right now, I don't.  No excuses, I just don't.  But I DO workout every day, and I DO cook with fresh,clean ingredients every night.  It's all just a routine now.  There's no question of will I do this today.  I just do.  I hope that means that I've had the breakthrough and this is now my permanent lifestyle.

What makes you push that little bit harder?  I had my first "fun run" experience a few weeks ago, and it won't be my last.  My current push is to get my 5km time under 30 mins.  Funny really, coz I couldn't even run 5km a month ago.  But once I cracked that mental barrier of can't, then it just became easier.  There's always a personal time to beat, or getting to a certain distance, or hitting a certain calorie burn. It's the internal competition that pushed me on.  I'm not competing with anyone other than myself.  Strange, considering I grew up playing competitive team sports.  But I'm finding self-competition so much more rewarding. Although the lack of team-mates to celebrate with is taking some getting used to. High-fiving myself mostly happens internally - don't want to look like too much of a dick now, do I??


Great questions / prompts Jayne :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Five Raelene. This is a Legen(wait for it)dary blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Linnijane! ;)

    Raelene - I had as one of my answers that I don't want to diet if I am fortunate enough to get married. There is no way you are superficial. ;)

    And I seriously think high fiving yourself needs to be done more. Particularly when you crack that 5km in under 30 minutes ;)

    ReplyDelete