Thursday, June 21, 2012

The "C" word

I'm guilty of dropping the odd C-bomb on occasion. But 12wbt has shown me just how much I don't need this little 4 letter word in my vocabulary.

CAN'T.

There.  I said it.

I USED to think (and say) that I can't;

  • lose weight
  • run
  • exercise
  • cook
  • do pushups
  • cope


...just to name a few.

But I CAN do all of those things - and more!


  • I've lost 25kg - one quarter of my old body weight.
  • I'm now a runner.  I run.  I love it.  It feels free.  Fast. I ran at 15kph on the treadmill today.  Fast.
  • Every day I do some form of exercise, either cardio or strength work or both. And I sweat. And I ache. And I love it.
  • The kitchen and I had a strained relationship.  We're dating again, and I think the things that I'm serving up are healthy and yum and man-approved.
  • Only fit chicks do toe pushups.  Right?  Yesterday I got to 37 consecutive in a minute.  Proud :)
  • Not coping is no longer an option.  I DO cope with work and home and life.  And the more I cope, the more I can do, and the more I get out of life. Being thinner and healthier encourages me to make better choices.



It really is as simple as changing your thinking.  I CAN do whatever I put my mind to.  And I'm hatching a few plans as to what my mind might like to focus on.  Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Wow - 37 push ups is awesome! You are STRONG. What a difference these past few months have made to your body, but also your mind! This is a very inspiring blog and I'm looking forward to reading what you're planning... Would love to see you if you're down this way. My email is mateys(at)yahoo(dot)com
    x

    ReplyDelete