Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Weigh In - R3 - Week 10

What a crazy week.  What a crazy weigh in.

Friday morning I woke up to 65.9 on the scales,which shocked the heck out of me...mostly because this was the week that I rediscovered cake!

It started last Wednesday.  A girl at work was heading off to prepare for her wedding and we gave her a bit of a send off.  With cake.  Flourless chocolate cake.  Normally I would politely decline.  This day wasn't normal.  Oh my God did it taste gooooooood! And when I weighed in the next morning I had lost some weight.

Hmmmmm...

So on Thursday I was out for a work meeting at a coffee place.  I don't even drink coffee any more.  But this day I did.  And I ordered cake.  With whipped cream on the side.  Flourless orange.  Yummo.  And when I weighed in on Friday morning, I hit my low point of 65.9kg.

Friday was cake free.  As was Saturday.  Sunday morning I weighed in at 65.5kg.  So obviously my cake eating had a positive impact on my weight, yeah?

So it's Sunday, and it's my darling Nan's 87th birthday party here at my house.  There was cake.  Sooo much cake.  Flourless orange. Almond semolina.  So I had a piece of each.  And then backed it up with an encore slice of almond cake.  With double cream.

I felt so disgustingly bloated, and full, and disgusting.  And when I weighed in on Monday morning, holy crap, I weighed 69.5kg.

Oh man!  So on go the brakes - big time.  Lace up my runners, eat squeaky clean, and this is what I woke to this morning;




Current Weight: 66.9kg
Last week:      66.9kg
Week's loss:    +0.0kg    
So far:        -30.1kg



I have dodged a major bullet.  No more cake.  In fact, I've just started up a sugar-free November challenge with my local 12wbt Facebook group.  Perfect timing to get me back on the straight and cake-free narrow!

Unless I find a sugar-free cake recipe.  Best I don't go looking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment