Thursday, October 25, 2012

Weigh in - R3 - Weeks 8 & 9

You know, I was thinking whether I should update this blog or not.  With a readership of maybe 3 people, it barely seems worth the effort to post.  But I've had a bit of a think about it and I looked back to why I started this blog in the first place - it's for me and no one else.

So here's my week 8 and as it turns out week 9 weigh in - I stayed the exact same weight...yay!



Current Weight: 66.9kg
Last week:      66.8kg
Week's loss:    +0.1kg    
So far:        -30.1kg


I no longer exercise every day.  Most days I get out and do a little spot of something, but its not always on plan and I don't always record my calories.

One thing that's remained consistent is my nutrition.  Even on crappy days when it feels as though the ceiling at work is resting on my manly shoulders.  I'm still exploring my own recipes and combinations.  And it's fun!

***********************************************************************

A really spunky little chicken that I work with excitedly whispered in my ear today that she's at her goal weight.  I had noticed (and told her so) that she'd lost some weight and was looking fantastic on a couple of occasions - and I meant it too.  When she revealed her weight to me today my first reaction was a mixture of excitement and pride for what she'd achieved.  Then it sunk in.  She actually weighs more than me.  Does that mean I look that good?  Despite the 30kg I still don't see myself as "small".  But perhaps I need to have a closer look.

How long does it take until your self-perception catches up?

8 comments:

  1. I am reading Raelene LOL, I know what you mean but keep blogging. It does take a while for your head to catch up with your body. Thanks for sharing this I loved your story. Well done on your weight loss.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. The body changes are the easy bit I think. The mind seems to be a lot slower to "get it".

      Delete
  2. As one of the three I want you to keep blogging! Do you know how inspirational you are???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janie, it's weird blogging about being at goal without sounding smug. I think with so many of us that whole self-praise thing doesn't sit comfortably, and sometimes your outer voice doesn't reflect how you feel on the inside. Some days are so crappy that I don't dare write about them. The cravings. The complete lack of motivation to exercise. The cruddy mood. The feelings of failure, goal weight or not. So, no I really don't know that I'm inspirational - mostly coz I only acknowledge the good on here. It's half a story at best. Xx

      Delete
  3. NO matter the readership its for you that you blog so dont give up on yourself just yet.

    From someone who has seen you recently yes you look that good and there is no comparison to the person you displayed. When you work out how to get the head around the new shape and size of your body can you please share it?

    Things may seem a little out of sorts at the moment but it will get better and you will be back on track for everything life, work, home, exercise etc sometimes you just have to watch it for a while before you get back to it.

    Love you RaeRae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you and your unwavering belief in me right back Miss Judy xx

      Delete
  4. That is great work on your weight loss.
    If you enjoy blogging then keep doing it, even if it is only for yourself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne - I absolutely will keep on blogging, even if it's only every once in a while :)

      Delete