Saturday, October 6, 2012

What's cookin??

I've never been much of a cook.  Sure, I could heat up a tray of frozen crap, grill the bejeezus out of a piece of steak in my George Foreman, and even rip the top off a packet of Latina Fresh pastsa sauce and throw it in the microwave.

Never did I count calories, or spare a thought for the nutritional content of my meals.  The food pyramid was me balancing chips, chocolate and lollies on  my walk from pantry to couch.  I could go on, but you get the idea!

One of the MANY things that 12wbt has given me is a sense of confidence in the kitchen and a real interest in food and nutrition.  Like...I read nutrition text books as my bedtime wind down, and share my new-found wisdom with the man.  I reckon he could reel off about 20 superfoods :)

Anyway - here's what I whipped up yesterday;

 



Needless to say, I was full as a State School after that - and all within 1200 calories :)  So, so yum, and just quietly, I'm a little proud of my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment