Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Old vs New

I am a well practised camera avoider.  This has both it's up sides and negatives, in that, sure there's no photos of you floating around, but then when one does sneak through somehow, it comes as a MASSIVE surprise.

Every year at work we hold an annual dinner.  It's always at the same place (coz there's very few places in Melbourne that can hold 600 bods) and always at the sme time of year give or take a week.  Our photographer sent me some images yesterday that completely stopped me in my tracks.  Like - I was a mixture of physically ill, totally stunned and really, in shock.

I know I've lost a lot of weight and I feel fantastic for it, but I had NOOOOOO idea just how bad I looked before.  And although I've shared this on facebook, it's important to me to share it here too.  I NEVER want to go back to this.  And if I have to, I'll blow this pic up and stick it in every room in the house.

 (I'm not posting this to prompt compliments from people - it's for two reasons only - to show others that 12wbt really can work and to remind me of the sad person I was before!)  I don't even recognise me in this.  Who is that old woman?  And how did she let herself go to that extent??

Never again.


No comments:

Post a Comment