Thursday, November 22, 2012

Weigh In - R4 - Week 1

And just like that we're straight into another round of 12wbt.  Probably my last?  We'll see.

Round 1 was all about regaining control over my food, especially the whole planning and shopping in advance.  Finding some confidence in the kitchen.  Getting up the courage to start exercising post surgery.  Weight loss happened, but so did so many other aspects of my life.  It just happened, you know?

Round 2, well, I thought I knew it all.  No need to follow the plans; nutrition or exercise.  I'll just do my own thing.  I lost some more weight.  Not a huge amount.  And although I consolidated my habits, I was definitely not "cured" of my fat tendencies   And my comfort zones were pretty tight.

When round 3 rolled around, I debated with myself at length about whether to re-sign or not.  Obviously I did, but in doing so I took the time to re-set some goals and got serious about the fitness parts.  Food was still good, even though we didn't follow "the master plan".  But my great discovery was Lean & Fit, and in particular, running.  I stuck pretty closely to the schedule up until a little back twinge in week 8 curtailed my activities a little.  Again, I lost little weight - mind you I was well under my first two goals by this time.  But I found strength, and speed, and endurance.

So we're in round 4.  I've avoided the free weights area at gym like... a Carlton supporter in the last quarter when down by 10 goals to Collingwood would remove his jersey before walking past the Pies fans.  Bad analogy, but you get my drift.  It's Thursday today - day 4, and every day I've followed the fitness schedule like my life depended on it.  No cutting corners.  No extended breaks between sets. No freaking out about whether people are watching me, or if I'm doing it right, or blah blah blah.  I'm just doing it.  And loving it.  But my weight is increasing...



Current Weight: 65.9kg
Last week:      65.0kg
Week's loss:    +0.9kg    
So far:        -31.1kg



... which I'm hoping means that I'm gaining muscle.  And hungry!  Man, I could just eat all day long.  All good stuff, but so much food.  Loads of protein; lean chicken, broccoli, nuts, yoghurt.  Still sugar-free too - only 8 days to go!  Can't see me rushing out to buy a cake on December 1st though!

No comments:

Post a Comment