Friday, November 9, 2012

Weigh In - R3, Week 11

Strange week!  I'm still sugar free, but I was mostly exercise free as well.  I'm so, so tired, and work is biting me on the ass right now.

I have a HUGE event coming up this next weekend.  It's annual.  It's grueling.  And it's confrontational.  I was glad to miss it last year, even though it meant I was laying flat on my back recovering from surgery.  I've been trying to come up with ways to get out of it.  I know - that's not very adult of me.  And I know that I just have to face up to it - to the critics and the criticism and the negativity.

May seem strange to talk about this in here, but there is a definite relationship between my stress levels and my weight.  And I've discovered that it's not just the over-eating and generally digesting crap that adds to the scales, coz sugar-free has meant that there is nothing "bad" in the house.  Stress really does make me fat.  Or at the very least, make me feel heavier.

Therefore, it was no surprise to see a little gain this week;



Current Weight: 67.2kg
Last week:      66.9kg
Week's loss:    +0.3kg    
So far:        -29.8kg


That was Wednesday, and this is the first chance I've had to update in here.  But this morning (yes, I'm still weighing daily) I clocked in at 66.0.  There's no way I've lost 1.2kg in two days!

This next week coming up, I will NOT give up on my sugar-free status.  I WILL exercise every day, even if it's just a 30 minute walk per day.  And come next weekend, I WILL just face up to my fears and deal with the fact that I am a public figure in this role, and conducting this event, hosting the meetings and workshops, commanding the attention of the room and confidently responding to the smart ass remarks, heckling and general poor behaviour of some volunteers IS my job.  Therefore I WILL do it, not run from it.  (as much as I would like to right now!!!)

2 comments:

  1. Congrat's on being sugar free... I am hearing you about the stress and being heavier plus just because your sugar free doesn't mean there's not crap food to eat LOL Loved that, so true. All the best for your big week at work, you'll do great.
    Cheers Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a determined young lady. You need to find something positive to fixate on for your weekend and not allow the fears and the instinct to run take control. Find something you can poor your focus into and do the best that you can with it. Dont let some pompous ass or heckling and general poor behaviour of animals in the guise of volunteers ruin what should be a happy time for you and one that you work so hard towards each year. Let the gazelles and llamas feed off the crap you leave behind

    ReplyDelete