Saturday, September 1, 2012

New round, new Blogger challenge

How I love a Blogger challenge! This round is being hosted by the VERY inspirational Leonie who I have followed since I began this program.  Check out her blog here - it's a great read!

On to this week's challenge;

1. Describe yourself in less than fifty words.  
Here's the ABC of me;
Athletic
Brave
Creative
Determined
Engaged
Funny
Grateful
House-proud
Intelligent
Just
Knowledge-seeking
Loving
Mother of two
Nourished
Optimistic
Passionate
Quietly confident
Reformed
Sugar-free
Tough
Under control
Volunteer
Work-a-holic
Xtreme
Yoghurt-eating
Zealous
2. This program is called a transformation. When you signed up for this round what was it about yourself you wanted to transform?
This is my third round in a row - so it's less about transformation now and more about cementation (I know that's not a word, but I'm going to run with it).  I want to make sure that these habits stay for life and be the best version of me possible.


3. What is it about yourself you are happy with right now? It can be related to your mind, body or soul, and of course there may well be more than one thing you are happy with.
At the age of 44 I can honestly say I have never been healthier, more stable minded, thinner and generally happy that I am now.  I've worked hard to lose this 30kg and I'm really proud of myself and the new lifestyle I've forged.
4. What aspect of this program do you think will present you with the toughest challenge. What are you going to focus on to ensure you feel successful at the end of the twelve weeks? How is your answer to number 3 going to help you overcome this challenge?
I wanted to do Lean & Strong this round but I'm SUCH a chicken in the gym. It's something about looking stupid if I do it wrong, or not knowing what to do, or feeling out of place.  I will work on this throughout the 12 weeks and get to a point of "comfort" in the gym.
5. What is it you look forward to the most in the next twelve weeks?
I love the food.  I love the exercise plans.  but what I look forward to the most is the friendships that form as a part of this program.  I've met some AMAZING (and I know it's an over-used word, but they truly are) chicks through 12wbt which has been an unexpected but delightful bonus.
6. You’ve now completed at least three days of the program. What has surprised you the most about how you’ve coped with these first days in the twelve weeks?
I'm surprised by how much harder the exercise program seems this round.  I've REALLY had to work at it and have been in DOMS city for days after.  My mindset has also been a welcome surprise - I'm just getting on with the workouts instead of thinking up imaginary reasons why I can't or shouldn't do them.
7. Can you describe what you want to see, think and feel when you look in the mirror on Sunday 18th November 2012.
The end of this round pretty much co-incides with the 12 month anniversary of my back surgery and therefore the start of this weight-loss journey (that has become so much more!).  I have a MAJOR work event on the 18th.  The kind where a room full of people have to listen to me talk for a few hours.  I want to look into the mirror and see a calm, centered and bloody hot chick smiling back at me and ready to lead the delegation into the next 12 months.  I want to reflect confidence in myself personally and professionally.  And when I do, when I get through this event and meet the challenges that will come head on, I will truly know that I'm ready to continue this without 12wbt.

No comments:

Post a Comment