Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Weigh In - R2 - Week 2

It's been a good week - a great week even.

Red flags were waving like crazy with catered work events, long lunches, meals out galore.  I've stayed away from the crappy menu choices and ordered seafood at every opportunity.  Water to drink.  Even yesterday when a cold beer would have gone down a treat.  And I can honestly say that I only made one dumb food decision in 7 days, and that was grabbing a left-over mini quiche from the fridge as I left the office famished at around 7 last night. D'oh!

The results are in....




Current Weight: 67.2kg
Last week:      68.3kg
Week's loss:    -1.1kg    
So far:        -29.8kg 



...and I earned that 1.1kg loss!  I'm training hard, sticking to the plan, and pushing myself further than ever before.

What I'm most chuffed about is the toning that's going on.  It's not a saggy, soft 67.2kg.  In fact, if I stopped exercising for a couple of weeks, I know I would drop another few kilos. But that would be purely lost muscle, and I'm quite enjoying feeling and looking strong.

I'm also pretty happy with the improvement from last week to this week in my running pace.

Week one 5km splits;


Week two 5km splits;


Really looking forward to the Week 4 time trial - I reckon my first number will be a 4.  Don't care if the other two are 5 and 9, I just want to see that magic number appear.

New goal: Seeing as I'm 44, I will run the week 12 time trial in 4:44 (or less).

I wrote a massively long post on Monday in celebration of two milestones that ended up being too raw and personal to publish, but for the record, Monday was;

  • 10 months since my back surgery (and the start of my transformation), and
  • 8 years since I walked out of an unhappy marriage (the true start to finding my self-worth).  

Both have had a massive impact on the person I am right here and now, and both took a fair amount of bravery to even admit that change was necessary.  Isn't that the hardest part?  The facing of fears and doubts?  No regrets + no excuses = :)


No comments:

Post a Comment