Thursday, September 6, 2012

T41

Am having a relationship with herbal tea right about now.

After cutting sugar from my diet a few weeks back, I was on the hunt for something to drink that didn't taste like a draino cocktail.

Enter T2...

In place of my morning coffee (or two) I have;

In the afternoon I used to have one (often more) of those Chai Latte sachets, but instead...

And after dinner when the munchies hit, I stop them in their tracks with a cup or two of this;

The peppermint tastes sweet as, it aids digestion and it keeps me from raiding the lolly jar.

If you've ever thought that loose leaf tea was a pain in the rear end - I was with you on that.  But we discovered these natty cups (also from T2) which have a removable diffuser and cute as lid that keeps your tea warm while it's brewing away.  Then you tip the lid upside down and it becomes a dish for the infuser to sit in.  Genius!

By knocking out 2 coffees, 2 chai latte's and 2 cups of tea (white with one), I'm eliminating around 250 calories per day, 1,750 per week and roughly 7,000 calories per month.  And 7,000 calories = 1 kilo of body weight.  Adds up, eh?

What have you knocked from your diet that you NEVER thought you would ever give up?

1 comment:

  1. Good job on getting rid of sugar, Raelene. I've just read David Gillespie's 2nd book (not sweet poison, the next one) about how bad sugar, specifically fructose, is for us in large amounts. Freaked me out. Do you miss it?

    ReplyDelete