Sunday, September 2, 2012

I've got the music in me

You know when you're out running and a certain song comes on your ipod and you just get into a zone and run the crap out of it?  Your "power song"?

Here's mine;



Coz I'm a lame-ass techy, I've discovered that this song is 82 beats per minute.  And that 82 bpm (x2) will have you running a kilometre in around 5:21.  How do I know that I hear you ask?

http://jog.fm/workout-songs/at/82/bpm

I've also discovered that jog fm is available as an iphone app which can run (pardon the pun) in the background while your tunes are playing.  It picks your pace, scans your playlist and delivers you songs of a similar bpm so you can keep your legs pumping at the same pace.

As my running is improving it's time for a new playlist aiming for a warm up at 8 min/km, joggy bits at 82 & 164bpm for a 5.5 minute pace and a couple of new  power songs to push me just under 5 min/km.  It'll be daggy eighties stuff, but I'll be loving it :)

Care to share your power song...

No comments:

Post a Comment