Sunday, August 5, 2012

prop-backing-help-assistance-aid-rest


sup·port/səˈpôrt/

Verb:
Bear all or part of the weight of; hold up.
Noun:
A thing that bears the weight of something or keeps it upright: "the best support for a camera is a tripod".
Synonyms:
verb.  sustain - maintain - uphold - bear - back - favour
noun.  prop - backing - help - assistance - aid - rest




This week's blogger challenge is all about support, and acknowledging those who have played a leading role in your transformation...

1. What would you tell yourself at the start of the program in support of yourself?
Raelene, I'm proud of you for signing up to this challenge and recognising that things HAVE to change. Leave the fear of injury behind, and continue to work on getting your body strong again.  In fact, leave the fear of EVERYTHING behind.  Embrace the challenges that will come your way and the changes you will make.  Enjoy each and every lesson.  And don't forget to laugh along the way :)

2. What would you tell those around you that may not have been that supportive?
Just like support takes many different forms, so too does not being supportive.  I've really struggled with some people's reactions.  A couple of people have been downright nasty.  And whilst I understand that it's their issue, it still hurts like hell at the time.  You have to be brave to firstly acknowledge the need to change, and then even braver to follow it through.  You also have to be wise enough to work out who has your back and who doesn't.  To those who fall in the second category - no hard feelings.  You're right.  I'm not the same person I was in so many ways.  And thank God for that.  There's no judgement coming back your way though.  It's your choice to like me or not.  Just as it's my choice to look after my body.

There's also the indirect type of non-support.  And I get that not everyone is comfortable having a conversation with the scary boss lady about her ever shrinking frame.  But there are MANY people I work with who have not said a single word to me about dropping 28kg. The reactions of others have taught me SOOOO much about how NOT to behave in - well just about every situation.

3. Who would you like to thank for being there for you and helping you on your 12WBT journey so far?
My man, future husband and love of my life - the things you've done to help me lose the weight. And the acceptance you've shown towards changing OUR lifestyle too!  Embracing a healthier way of eating hasn't been easy for you, but I think you've only sooked twice in the last 9 months.  And fair call on that veggie dish - it was a shocker!  Thanks for being my culinary guinea pig, my cheersquad, my voice of reason, and in fact, the main reason I started this in the first place. Thanks for doing the washing on a Saturday morning when I'm out getting my sweat on with the girls.  And thanks for sharing me with the girls too!

And the girls - the CC12C (Casey-Cardinia Crew) who have, quite simply, changed my life.  Nicole, Lisa, Liv, Katrina, and my almost twin sister Judy, plus the many girls who pop onto FB for the occasional comment.  There will never be words to adequately express how I feel about each of you. xx

Plus my two favourite 12wbt bloggers, Miss Janie & Miss Jayne.  The former for her ever cheerful comments, just to make me know at least someone out there in the interweb reads my crap.  the latter for hosting this round's blogger challenge.  It's been fantastic to have an avenue for personal writing again, rather than churning out the vanilla media of my job.



1 comment:

  1. To my voice of reason thanks for being there, being you and being the person you have become. You inspire me, you make me laugh and you share your wisdom I couldnt ask for a nicer friend to share this with and to have my back as I hope you realise I have yours, I've been pulling the knives out for you :)

    ReplyDelete