Saturday, August 25, 2012

An act of balance

Some days I feel as though I have completely got my shite together.  You know those days when you're organised, calm, in control, on time?  The days that everything just runs smoothly, no one pisses you off and life is...well...good.

The last couple of days haven't been like this.

I'm tired, hungry, bored yet busy, restless yet lazy.  I'm in a bit of a funk.  And my mood is having flow on effects too.  The scales - God love them - have decided that although I'm exercising most days and eating well (and creating a daily calorie deficit) they would prefer to be a whole kilogram higher than Wednesday's weigh in.  So I'm having a little freak out that my 30kg loss is about to be eroded.  And I'm also wondering in chicken and egg style - what came first?
Is it my mood that's effecting the scales, or the scales that are putting a downer on my state of mind?

I've also noticed that JFDI (just freaking do it) isn't cutting it this week.  I'm busy and under a fair amount of pressure - both time and persuasive argument type - at work, but have rarely left my desk before 7pm this week.  When I get home, I'll happily cook the healthy dinner from my meal plan, but then having to clean up the kitchen as well is really. starting. to. piss. me. off.  And until now it hasn't.  So much so that Thursday night, the old boy went off to his guitar lesson and offered to bring home dinner.  We used to live on takeaway - seriously, probably 4 nights a week if not more.  And as much as I wanted to say, "no, we don't eat like that any more", I just had nothing.  No JFDI.  Just KFC.  Which unfortunately doesn't stand for Kicking Fat to the Curb.  I gotta say, it was disgusting.  Tasteless.  Fatty.  Soggy.  But I still downed a small chips and sweet chilli twister.  Blah!

So many of the girls in our local 12wbt crew have described similar lapses in mojo, but until now I hadn't experienced one for myself.  I guess I was arrogant enough to think that after living this life for 9 months, every bad habit of my past was exactly that, in the past.

But I have a plan to restore the balancing act.  I'm going to cut myself some slack for the next two days.  No pressure to exercise.  No stressing about food. Just get through this last weekend of work madness, have a cleansing day of light diet and a long walk on Monday, and hopefully, by being kind to myself instead of beating myself up, I'll find that mojo and his friends move back in for the Spring.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for being normal and also accepting the choice wasnt the best but is not normal any more. It's hard to see where everyone else is at unless you have been through this yourself and I would never wish this lack of mojo on anyone. Maybe its the moon or the season changing that is doing it to you, but it is only a few days, it is only a kilo or so it is not the 30 you have lost, it is not a daily habit returning as you love your new lifestyle and you know that if that Kilo turned into more you would be back on it and removing it again. This is life now and not a habit so a slip once in awhile is ok as long as you dont allow the habit to become the life again.

    And you know even those going through a slump themsleves are always here to kick your ass back into gear as you have done to us on many occassions

    ReplyDelete