Friday, May 25, 2012

Fitness Friday

I'm sure it's no coincidence that when you switch your brain back into gear, things just become easier.

I jumped on the scales this morning (yes I'm still a daily weigher) (but I have dropped the night time pre-bed weigh in now, so baby steps!) and I've lost 800g since Wednesday.

You know why?  I've worked for it.  I'm eating clean and training dirty. And my body loves me for it.

Today's gym sesh;
I started with almost an hour on the treadmill with some intervals and then a leisurely walk (at 6kph) chatting away to Nicole Fraser (wonder woman and total super star!)
Then met up with a new 12wbt'er, Chantelle for a spot of boxing.  If you've ever boxed, you'll know that it's damn hard work. In today's class we were divided into groups and we began at one of four stations.  So we alternated between uppercuts, hooks, kicks, and crossover jabs.  First circuit of the stations we rotated after 1 minute.  Second circuit after 2 minutes.  Third after 3.

Oh. My. God. It was seriously tough to get through.  My heart rate peaked at 170, and I left that room completely spent with a huge smile on my face.  Last time I boxed, which was probably 10 weeks ago, I was not even half this fit, and that desire to give up when it starts to feel hard has completely vanished.

Came home.  Did some more work (amen to working from home for a while) and cooked up a yummy Chicken & Broccolini Laksa.  Y.U.M. Simple, tasty, and best thing is there's another serve for tomorrow.

I'm hoping to be back in the 72's tomorrow, so I'll finish the day off with a protein bar and herbal tea in, oh, about half an hour and a pita bread pizza topped with sweet potato and roasted capsicum for dinner (while trying not to steal any of the old boy's spaggy bol).

Love, love love the 12wbt lifestyle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment